We empower the world’s biggest brands to rise above the noise on social networks through content consumers trust. With Mavrck, you harness the power of digital word-of-mouth marketing at scale by tapping into your most valuable asset: existing customers with relevant social influence (we call them micro-influencers). Our patented all-in-one influencer marketing platform discovers and activates thousands of influential customers to create, amplify or submit branded content that is 7x more effective than a brand posting or buying ads on a social network. The company was founded by four Northeastern University graduates out of Northeastern’s IDEA program, is an alumni of Techstars Boston and has since raised $8.3M in venture capital.
As our sales team continues to bring on more customers, our need for back office help is growing rapidly. Mavrck is a growth-stage startup looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver who wants be the first point of contact for operations, customer success, sales and influencers on day to day accounting matters. As a member of the Finance team each day will bring new opportunities to help a team member and the company as a whole. The best Staff Accountant for Mavrck is one that is genuinely excited to help team members and the company, all while keeping the books and accounting processes moving. They are patient, empathetic, and great communicators.
- Consider yourself a problem-solver?
- Place priority on making the team successful?
- Want to make a huge impact at a rapidly growing startup?
- Spend days dreaming about a fast-paced environment?
- Want to be known for delivering consistent and accurate results on time?
- Like to tinker and have an innate interest in technology and efficiency?
IF SO, THEN YOU COULD:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day accounting processes
- Help maintain Mavrck's great team culture
- Improve operational accounting processes
- Assist with strategic finance decisions
- Identify areas to improve Mavrck's back office processes
- Work across teams to help shape the back office part of Mavrck's product
- Owns the AR and AP process providing weekly reports to the Controller
- Internal Auditing projects on an ad hoc basis
- Monthly Bank and other Account Reconciliations to assist in Month Ends process and Payroll Administration
- Accounting degree or 3 years of relevant experience
- Extremely organized and HIGHLY detail oriented
- Desire to help the team and not just "keep the books"
- Interested in start-up exposure and having to wear many hats
- A self motivated and self managed individual
- Familiar with revenue recognition for SaaS companies a plus
- An analytical, data-driven, and creative approach to problem-solving
- An ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Experience managing simultaneous projects for internal stakeholders and drive to completion on schedule
- Experience researching, troubleshooting and solving complex accounting and HR issues
- CPA a plus
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Fun Environment: Music, jeans and t-shirts and the norm for our office. Office dogs included!
- Team Lunches: Every Wednesday, we enjoy food from one of Boston's fine eateries as a team!
- Beer and Cold Brew on Tap: Beer for the big ideas, coffee to get them done!
- Next to TD Garden! Steps away from the Garden for the Celtics, Bruins and amazing concerts.
- North-End Location: Enjoy the best food and neighborhood Boston has to offer!
- Office Toys: Ping pong, corn hole, and 3D printers are just a few surprises we have for you!
- Flexible Schedule & Work Remotely: We don't care if you're an early bird or a night owl, you're here or you're there - as long as you deliver results!
- Team Outings: Every month we have team social events like go-karts, bowling, and sailing!
- We Care: Health, Dental, Long Term and Short Term disability are part of a comprehensive benefits package