We empower the world’s biggest brands to rise above the noise on social networks through content consumers trust. With Mavrck, you harness the power of digital word-of-mouth marketing at scale by tapping into your most valuable asset: existing customers with relevant social influence (we call them micro-influencers). Our patented all-in-one influencer marketing platform discovers and activates thousands of influential customers to create, amplify or submit branded content that is 7x more effective than a brand posting or buying ads on a social network.
As our sales team continues to bring on more customers, our need for back office help is growing rapidly. Mavrck is a growth-stage startup looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver who wants be the first point of contact for operations, customer success, sales and influencers on day to day accounting matters. As a member of the Finance team each day will bring new opportunities to help a team member and the company as a whole. The best Staff Accountant for Mavrck is one that is genuinely excited to help team members and the company, all while keeping the books and accounting processes moving. They are patient, empathetic, and great communicators.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day accounting processes
- Help maintain Mavrck's great team culture
- Improve operational accounting processes
- Assist with strategic finance decisions
- Identify areas to improve Mavrck's back office processes
- Work across teams to help shape the back office part of Mavrck's product
- Own the AR and AP process providing weekly reports to the Controller
- Internal Auditing projects on an ad hoc basis
- Monthly Bank and other Account Reconciliations to assist in Month Ends process and Payroll Administration
Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a new perspective. Mavrck is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- Accounting degree or 3 years of relevant experience
- Extremely organized and HIGHLY detail oriented
- Desire to help the team and not just "keep the books"
- Interested in start-up exposure and having to wear many hats
- A self motivated and self managed individual
- Familiar with revenue recognition for SaaS companies a plus
- An analytical, data-driven, and creative approach to problem-solving
- An ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Experience managing simultaneous projects for internal stakeholders and drive to completion on schedule
- Experience researching, troubleshooting and solving complex accounting and HR issues
- CPA a plus
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Fun Environment: Music, jeans and t-shirts are the norm for our office
- Team Lunches: Every Wednesday, we enjoy food from one of Boston's fine eateries as a team!
- Great location in Faneuil Hall: Tons of great restaurants and coffee shops nearby!
- Flexible Schedule: We don't care if you're an early bird or a night owl, you're here or you're there - as long as you deliver results!
- Team Outings: Every month we have team social events like go-karts, bowling, and sailing!!
- We Care: Health, Dental, Long Term and Short Term disability are part of a comprehensive benefits package